WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. downpour, cloudburst, deluge, waterspout, torrent, pelter, soaker, rain, rainfall
- usage: a heavy rain
- 2. torrent, violent stream, current, stream
- usage: a violently fast stream of water (or other liquid); "the houses were swept away in the torrent"
- 3. flood, inundation, deluge, torrent, batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad
- usage: an overwhelming number or amount; "a flood of requests"; "a torrent of abuse"
All rights reserved.
See also: torrent (Dictionary)