Synonyms of toss
- 1. flip, toss, throw
- usage: the act of flipping a coin
- 2. pass, toss, flip, throw
- usage: (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team; "the pass was fumbled"
- 3. toss, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: an abrupt movement; "a toss of his head"
- 1. flip, toss, sky, pitch, fling
- usage: throw or toss with a light motion; "flip me the beachball"; "toss me newspaper"
- 2. flip, toss, turn
- usage: lightly throw to see which side comes up; "I don't know what to do--I may as well flip a coin!"
- 3. chuck, toss, throw
- usage: throw carelessly; "chuck the ball"
- 4. convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate, shake, agitate
- usage: move or stir about violently; "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
- 5. discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away, get rid of, remove
- usage: throw or cast away; "Put away your worries"
- 6. toss, agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up
- usage: agitate; "toss the salad"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of toss (Dictionary)