Synonyms of total
- 1. sum, total, totality, aggregate, whole, unit
- usage: the whole amount
- 2. sum, amount, total, quantity
- usage: a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers
- 1. total, number, add up, come, amount, be
- usage: add up in number or quantity; "The bills amounted to $2,000"; "The bill came to $2,000"
- 2. total, tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add, add together, tally, add up, count, number, enumerate, numerate
- usage: determine the sum of; "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
- 3. total, damage
- usage: damage beyond the point of repair; "My son totaled our new car"; "the rock star totals his guitar at every concert"
- 1. entire, full, total, whole (vs. fractional)
- usage: constituting the full quantity or extent; complete; "an entire town devastated by an earthquake"; "gave full attention"; "a total failure"
- 2. full, total, complete (vs. incomplete)
- usage: complete in extent or degree and in every particular; "a full game"; "a total eclipse"; "a total disaster"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of total (Dictionary)