- 1. tout, ticket tout, scalper
- usage: someone who buys tickets to an event in order to resell them at a profit
- 2. tout, touter, advertiser, advertizer, adman
- usage: someone who advertises for customers in an especially brazen way
- 3. tipster, tout, adviser, advisor, consultant
- usage: one who sells advice about gambling or speculation (especially at the racetrack)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tout, pronounce, label, judge
- usage: advertize in strongly positive terms; "This product was touted as a revolutionary invention"
- 2. boast, tout, swash, shoot a line, brag, gas, blow, bluster, vaunt, gasconade, overstate, exaggerate, overdraw, hyperbolize, hyperbolise, magnify, amplify
- usage: show off
All rights reserved.
See also: tout (Dictionary)