WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. town, municipality
- usage: an urban area with a fixed boundary that is smaller than a city; "they drive through town on their way to work"
- 2. town, townspeople, townsfolk, municipality
- usage: the people living in a municipality smaller than a city; "the whole town cheered the team"
- 3. township, town, administrative district, administrative division, territorial division
- usage: an administrative division of a county; "the town is responsible for snow removal"
- 4. Town, Ithiel Town, architect, designer
- usage: United States architect who was noted for his design and construction of truss bridges (1784-1844)
All rights reserved.
See also: town (Dictionary)