- 1. traffic, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: the aggregation of things (pedestrians or vehicles) coming and going in a particular locality during a specified period of time
- 2. traffic, commerce, commercialism, mercantilism
- usage: buying and selling; especially illicit trade
- 3. traffic, communication, communicating
- usage: the amount of activity over a communication system during a given period of time; "heavy traffic overloaded the trunk lines"; "traffic on the internet is lightest during the night"
- 4. dealings, traffic, interchange, reciprocation, give-and-take
- usage: social or verbal interchange (usually followed by `with')
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. traffic, trade, merchandise
- usage: deal illegally; "traffic drugs"
- 2. traffic, trade, merchandise
- usage: trade or deal a commodity; "They trafficked with us for gold"
All rights reserved.
See also: traffic (Dictionary)