Synonyms of trailing
- 1. trailing, tracking, pursuit, chase, pursual, following
- usage: the pursuit (of a person or animal) by following tracks or marks they left behind
- 1. drag, trail, get behind, hang back, drop behind, drop back, lag, dawdle, fall back, fall behind
- usage: to lag or linger behind; "But in so many other areas we still are dragging"
- 2. chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track, pursue, follow
- usage: go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
- 3. trail, shack, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move, proceed, or walk draggingly or slowly; "John trailed behind his class mates"; "The Mercedes trailed behind the horse cart"
- 4. trail
- usage: hang down so as to drag along the ground; "The bride's veiled trailed along the ground"
- 5. trail, train, drag
- usage: drag loosely along a surface; allow to sweep the ground; "The toddler was trailing his pants"; "She trained her long scarf behind her"
All rights reserved.