Synonyms of trained
- 1. train, develop, prepare, educate, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: create by training and teaching; "The old master is training world-class violinists"; "we develop the leaders for the future"
- 2. train, prepare, learn, study, read, take
- usage: undergo training or instruction in preparation for a particular role, function, or profession; "She is training to be a teacher"; "He trained as a legal aid"
- 3. discipline, train, check, condition, develop, make grow
- usage: develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control; "Parents must discipline their children"; "Is this dog trained?"
- 4. prepare, groom, train, educate
- usage: educate for a future role or function; "He is grooming his son to become his successor"; "The prince was prepared to become King one day"; "They trained him to be a warrior"
- 5. educate, school, train, cultivate, civilize, civilise, polish, refine, fine-tune, down
- usage: teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment; "Cultivate your musical taste"; "Train your tastebuds"; "She is well schooled in poetry"
- 6. aim, take, train, take aim, direct, position
- usage: point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards; "Please don't aim at your little brother!"; "He trained his gun on the burglar"; "Don't train your camera on the women"; "Take a swipe at one's opponent"
- 7. coach, train, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: teach and supervise (someone); act as a trainer or coach (to), as in sports; "He is training our Olympic team"; "She is coaching the crew"
- 8. train, exercise, work out
- usage: exercise in order to prepare for an event or competition; "She is training for the Olympics"
- 9. train, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: cause to grow in a certain way by tying and pruning it; "train the vine"
- 10. train, rail, ride
- usage: travel by rail or train; "They railed from Rome to Venice"; "She trained to Hamburg"
- 11. trail, train, drag
- usage: drag loosely along a surface; allow to sweep the ground; "The toddler was trailing his pants"; "She trained her long scarf behind her"
- 1. trained (vs. untrained), disciplined, drilled, housebroken, house-trained, potty-trained, pot-trained, toilet-trained
- usage: shaped or conditioned or disciplined by training; often used as a combining form; "a trained mind"; "trained pigeons"; "well-trained servants"
All rights reserved.