WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transcribe, write down, set down, get down, put down
- usage: write out from speech, notes, etc.; "Transcribe the oral history of this tribe"
- 2. transliterate, transcribe, rewrite
- usage: rewrite in a different script; "The Sanskrit text had to be transliterated"
- 3. transcribe, adapt, accommodate
- usage: rewrite or arrange a piece of music for an instrument or medium other than that originally intended
- 4. transcribe, rewrite
- usage: make a phonetic transcription of; "The anthropologist transcribed the sentences of the native informant"
- 5. transcribe, convert
- usage: convert the genetic information in (a strand of DNA) into a strand of RNA, especially messenger RNA
All rights reserved.
See also: transcribe (Dictionary)