WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transcription, written text, written communication, written language, black and white
- usage: something written, especially copied from one medium to another, as a typewritten version of dictation
- 2. transcription, organic process, biological process
- usage: (genetics) the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA; the process whereby a base sequence of messenger RNA is synthesized on a template of complementary DNA
- 3. transcription, recording
- usage: a sound or television recording (e.g., from a broadcast to a tape recording)
- 4. arrangement, arranging, transcription, composing, composition
- usage: the act of arranging and adapting a piece of music
- 5. recording, transcription, creating from raw materials
- usage: the act of making a record (especially an audio record); "she watched the recording from a sound-proof booth"
All rights reserved.
See also: transcription (Dictionary)