Synonyms of transfer
- 1. transportation, transport, transfer, transferral, conveyance, movement
- usage: the act of moving something from one location to another
- 2. transfer, transferee, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: someone who transfers or is transferred from one position to another; "the best student was a transfer from LSU"
- 3. transfer, transference, change of state
- usage: the act of transfering something from one form to another; "the transfer of the music from record to tape suppressed much of the background noise"
- 4. transfer, ticket
- usage: a ticket that allows a passenger to change conveyances
- 5. transfer, transfer of training, carry-over, learning, acquisition
- usage: application of a skill learned in one situation to a different but similar situation
- 6. transfer, transference, transaction, dealing, dealings
- usage: transferring ownership
- 1. transfer, reassign, delegate, designate, depute, assign
- usage: transfer somebody to a different position or location of work
- 2. transfer, move, displace
- usage: move from one place to another; "transfer the data"; "transmit the news"; "transfer the patient to another hospital"
- 3. transplant, transfer, displace
- usage: lift and reset in another soil or situation; "Transplant the young rice plants"
- 4. transfer, shift, move, displace
- usage: move around; "transfer the packet from his trouser pockets to a pocket in his jacket"
- 5. transfer
- usage: cause to change ownership; "I transferred my stock holdings to my children"
- 6. transfer, change, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: change from one vehicle or transportation line to another; "She changed in Chicago on her way to the East coast"
- 7. transmit, transfer, transport, channel, channelize, channelise, move, displace
- usage: send from one person or place to another; "transmit a message"
- 8. remove, transfer, transfer, shift
- usage: shift the position or location of, as for business, legal, educational, or military purposes; "He removed his children to the countryside"; "Remove the troops to the forest surrounding the city"; "remove a case to another court"
- 9. transfer, transpose, transplant, shift
- usage: transfer from one place or period to another; "The ancient Greek story was transplanted into Modern America"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of transfer (Dictionary)