WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Transfiguration, Transfiguration Day, August 6, Christian holy day
- usage: (Christianity) a church festival held in commemoration of the Transfiguration of Jesus
- 2. Transfiguration, Transfiguration of Jesus, miracle
- usage: (New Testament) the sudden emanation of radiance from the person of Jesus
- 3. transfiguration, metamorphosis, revision, alteration
- usage: a striking change in appearance or character or circumstances; "the metamorphosis of the old house into something new and exciting"
- 4. transfiguration, transformation, translation
- usage: the act of transforming so as to exalt or glorify
All rights reserved.
See also: transfiguration (Dictionary)