WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break, disrespect
- usage: act in disregard of laws, rules, contracts, or promises; "offend all laws of humanity"; "violate the basic laws or human civilization"; "break a law"; "break a promise"
- 2. transgress, spread, overspread
- usage: spread over land, especially along a subsiding shoreline; "The sea transgresses along the West coast of the island"
- 3. sin, transgress, trespass, transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break
- usage: commit a sin; violate a law of God or a moral law
- 4. transgress, trespass, overstep, pass, go through, go across
- usage: pass beyond (limits or boundaries)
All rights reserved.
See also: transgress (Dictionary)