- 1. transient, traveler, traveller
- usage: one who stays for only a short time; "transient laborers"
- 2. transient, oscillation, vibration
- usage: (physics) a short-lived oscillation in a system caused by a sudden change of voltage or current or load
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transeunt (vs. immanent), transient
- usage: of a mental act; causing effects outside the mind
- 2. ephemeral, passing, short-lived, transient, transitory, fugacious, impermanent (vs. permanent), temporary
- usage: lasting a very short time; "the ephemeral joys of childhood"; "a passing fancy"; "youth's transient beauty"; "love is transitory but it is eternal"; "fugacious blossoms"
All rights reserved.
See also: transient (Dictionary)