WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. catching, communicable, contagious, contractable, transmissible, transmittable, infectious (vs. noninfectious)
- usage: (of disease) capable of being transmitted by infection
- 2. familial, genetic, hereditary, inherited, transmitted, transmissible, inheritable (vs. noninheritable), heritable
- usage: occurring among members of a family usually by heredity; "an inherited disease"; "familial traits"; "genetically transmitted features"
- 3. ancestral, hereditary, patrimonial, transmissible, inheritable (vs. noninheritable), heritable
- usage: inherited or inheritable by established rules (usually legal rules) of descent; "ancestral home"; "ancestral lore"; "hereditary monarchy"; "patrimonial estate"; "transmissible tradition"
All rights reserved.
See also: transmissible (Dictionary)