WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transform, transmute, metamorphose, change
- usage: change in outward structure or looks; "He transformed into a monster"; "The salesman metamorphosed into an ugly beetle"
- 2. transform, transmute, transubstantiate, change, alter, modify
- usage: change or alter in form, appearance, or nature; "This experience transformed her completely"; "She transformed the clay into a beautiful sculpture"; "transubstantiate one element into another"
- 3. transmute, change, alter, modify
- usage: alter the nature of (elements)
All rights reserved.
See also: transmute (Dictionary)