- 1. conveyance, transport, instrumentality, instrumentation
- usage: something that serves as a means of transportation
- 2. transport, diffusion
- usage: an exchange of molecules (and their kinetic energy and momentum) across the boundary between adjacent layers of a fluid or across cell membranes
- 3. transportation, shipping, transport, commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business
- usage: the commercial enterprise of moving goods and materials
- 4. ecstasy, rapture, transport, exaltation, raptus, emotional state, spirit
- usage: a state of being carried away by overwhelming emotion; "listening to sweet music in a perfect rapture"- Charles Dickens
- 5. tape drive, tape transport, transport, mechanism
- usage: a mechanism that transports magnetic tape across the read/write heads of a tape playback/recorder
- 6. transportation, transport, transfer, transferral, conveyance, movement
- usage: the act of moving something from one location to another
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transport, move, displace
- usage: move something or somebody around; usually over long distances
- 2. transport, carry, move, displace
- usage: move while supporting, either in a vehicle or in one's hands or on one's body; "You must carry your camping gear"; "carry the suitcases to the car"; "This train is carrying nuclear waste"; "These pipes carry waste water into the river"
- 3. enchant, enrapture, transport, enthrall, ravish, enthral, delight, please, delight
- usage: hold spellbound
- 4. transport, send, ship, move, displace
- usage: transport commercially
- 5. transmit, transfer, transport, channel, channelize, channelise, move, displace
- usage: send from one person or place to another; "transmit a message"
All rights reserved.
See also: transport (Dictionary)