WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transportation system, transportation, transit, facility, installation
- usage: a facility consisting of the means and equipment necessary for the movement of passengers or goods
- 2. transportation, transport, transfer, transferral, conveyance, movement
- usage: the act of moving something from one location to another
- 3. fare, transportation, charge
- usage: the sum charged for riding in a public conveyance
- 4. Department of Transportation, Transportation, DoT, executive department
- usage: the United States federal department that institutes and coordinates national transportation programs; created in 1966
- 5. transportation, shipping, transport, commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business
- usage: the commercial enterprise of moving goods and materials
- 6. exile, deportation, expatriation, transportation, banishment, proscription
- usage: the act of expelling a person from their native land; "men in exile dream of hope"; "his deportation to a penal colony"; "the expatriation of wealthy farmers"; "the sentence was one of transportation for life"
All rights reserved.
See also: transportation (Dictionary)