- 1. transpose, matrix
- usage: a matrix formed by interchanging the rows and columns of a given matrix
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. permute, commute, transpose, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: change the order or arrangement of; "Dyslexics often transpose letters in a word"
- 2. transfer, transpose, transplant, shift
- usage: transfer from one place or period to another; "The ancient Greek story was transplanted into Modern America"
- 3. counterchange, transpose, interchange, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to change places; "interchange this screw for one of a smaller size"
- 4. transpose, transfer, shift
- usage: transfer a quantity from one side of an equation to the other side reversing its sign, in order to maintain equality
- 5. transpose, arrange, set
- usage: put (a piece of music) into another key
- 6. commute, transpose, change
- usage: exchange positions without a change in value; "These operators commute with each other"
- 7. transpose, change, alter, modify
- usage: change key; "Can you transpose this fugue into G major?"
All rights reserved.
See also: transpose (Dictionary)