- 1. travel, traveling, travelling, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of going from one place to another; "he enjoyed selling but he hated the travel"
- 2. change of location, travel, movement, motion
- usage: a movement through space that changes the location of something
- 3. locomotion, travel, motion, movement, move
- usage: self-propelled movement
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically; "How fast does your new car go?"; "We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"; "The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"; "The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"; "news travelled fast"
- 2. travel, journey, travel, trip, jaunt
- usage: undertake a journey or trip
- 3. travel, trip, jaunt
- usage: make a trip for pleasure
- 4. travel, journey, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: travel upon or across; "travel the oceans"
- 5. travel, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: undergo transportation as in a vehicle; "We travelled North on Rte. 508"
- 6. travel, move around, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: travel from place to place, as for the purpose of finding work, preaching, or acting as a judge
All rights reserved.
See also: travel (Dictionary)