- 1. trave, traverse, crossbeam, crosspiece, beam
- usage: a horizontal beam that extends across something
- 2. transom, traverse, crosspiece
- usage: a horizontal crosspiece across a window or separating a door from a window over it
- 3. traversal, traverse, crossing
- usage: taking a zigzag path on skis
- 4. traversal, traverse, travel, traveling, travelling
- usage: travel across
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. traverse, track, cover, cross, pass over, get over, get across, cut through, cut across, pass, go through, go across
- usage: travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
- 2. cross, traverse, span, sweep, cover, continue, extend
- usage: to cover or extend over an area or time period; "Rivers traverse the valley floor", "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"
- 3. traverse, deny
- usage: deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a legal suit
All rights reserved.
See also: traverse (Dictionary)