Synonyms of treble
- 1. soprano, treble, pitch
- usage: the pitch range of the highest female voice
- 1. treble, sing
- usage: sing treble
- 2. triple, treble, multiply, manifold
- usage: increase threefold; "Triple your income!"
- 1. soprano, treble, high (vs. low), high-pitched
- usage: having or denoting a high range; "soprano voice"; "soprano sax"; "the boy still had a fine treble voice"; "the treble clef"
- 2. treble, threefold, three-fold, triple, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: three times as great or many; "a claim for treble (or triple) damages"; "a threefold increase"
- 3. ternary, treble, triple, triplex, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: having three units or components or elements; "a ternary operation"; "a treble row of red beads"; "overcrowding made triple sessions necessary"; "triple time has three beats per measure"; "triplex windows"
- 4. double, dual, twofold, two-fold, treble, threefold, three-fold, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; "a double (or dual) role for an actor"; "the office of a clergyman is twofold; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson; "every episode has its double and treble meaning"-Frederick Harrison
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of treble (Dictionary)