Synonyms of tremendous
- 1. enormous, tremendous, large (vs. small), big (vs. little)
- usage: extraordinarily large in size or extent or amount or power or degree; "an enormous boulder"; "enormous expenses"; "tremendous sweeping plains"; "a tremendous fact in human experience; that a whole civilization should be dependent on technology"- Walter Lippman; "a plane took off with a tremendous noise"
- 2. fantastic, grand, howling(prenominal), marvelous, marvellous, rattling(prenominal), terrific, tremendous, wonderful, wondrous, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers; "a fantastic trip to the Orient"; "the film was fantastic!"; "a howling success"; "a marvelous collection of rare books"; "had a rattling conversation about politics"; "a tremendous achievement"
- 3. frightful, terrible, awful, tremendous, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: extreme in degree or extent or amount or impact; "in a frightful hurry"; "spent a frightful amount of money"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tremendous (Dictionary)