Synonyms of trench
- 1. trench, ditch
- usage: a ditch dug as a fortification having a parapet of the excavated earth
- 2. trench, deep, oceanic abyss, natural depression, depression
- usage: a long steep-sided depression in the ocean floor
- 3. trench, ditch
- usage: any long ditch cut in the ground
- 1. impinge, encroach, entrench, trench, trespass, take advantage
- usage: impinge or infringe upon; "This impinges on my rights as an individual"; "This matter entrenches on other domains"
- 2. trench, fortify, fort
- usage: fortify by surrounding with trenches; "He trenched his military camp"
- 3. trench, cut
- usage: cut or carve deeply into; "letters trenched into the stone"
- 4. trench, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: set, plant, or bury in a trench; "trench the fallen soldiers"; "trench the vegetables"
- 5. trench, ditch, excavate, dig, hollow
- usage: cut a trench in, as for drainage; "ditch the land to drain it"; "trench the fields"
- 6. trench, dig, dig out
- usage: dig a trench or trenches; "The National Guardsmen were sent out to trench"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of trench (Dictionary)