WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. searching, trenchant, intelligent (vs. unintelligent)
- usage: having keenness and forcefulness and penetration in thought, expression, or intellect; "searching insights"; "trenchant criticism"
- 2. hard-hitting, trenchant, effective (vs. ineffective), effectual, efficacious
- usage: characterized by or full of force and vigor; "a hard-hitting expose"; "a trenchant argument"
- 3. clear-cut, distinct, trenchant, clear (vs. unclear)
- usage: clearly or sharply defined to the mind; "clear-cut evidence of tampering"; "Claudius was the first to invade Britain with distinct...intentions of conquest"; "trenchant distinctions between right and wrong"
All rights reserved.
See also: trenchant (Dictionary)