- 1. tendency, trend, direction, way
- usage: a general direction in which something tends to move; "the shoreward tendency of the current"; "the trend of the stock market"
- 2. course, trend, direction, way
- usage: general line of orientation; "the river takes a southern course"; "the northeastern trend of the coast"
- 3. drift, trend, movement, inclination, disposition, tendency
- usage: a general tendency to change (as of opinion); "not openly liberal but that is the trend of the book"; "a broad movement of the electorate to the right"
- 4. vogue, trend, style, taste, appreciation, discernment, perceptiveness
- usage: the popular taste at a given time; "leather is the latest vogue"; "he followed current trends"; "the 1920s had a style of their own"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. swerve, sheer, curve, trend, veer, slue, slew, cut, turn
- usage: turn sharply; change direction abruptly; "The car cut to the left at the intersection"; "The motorbike veered to the right"
All rights reserved.
See also: trend (Dictionary)