WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. three, 3, III, trio, threesome, tierce, leash, troika, triad, trine, trinity, ternary, ternion, triplet, tercet, terzetto, trey, deuce-ace, digit, figure
- usage: the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
- 2. trio, triad, triplet, triple, set
- usage: a set of three similar things considered as a unit
- 3. trio, threesome, triad, trinity, gathering, assemblage
- usage: three people considered as a unit
- 4. common chord, triad, chord
- usage: a three-note major or minor chord; a note and its third and fifth tones
All rights reserved.
See also: triad (Dictionary)