Synonyms of trial and error
- 1. trial and error, experiment, experimentation
- usage: experimenting until a solution is found
- 1. trial-and-error, empirical (vs. theoretical), empiric
- usage: trying out various means or theories until error is satisfactorily reduced or eliminated; "he argued that all learning is a trial-and-error process that resembles biological evolution"
- 2. trial-and-error, heuristic (vs. algorithmic)
- usage: relating to solving problems by experience rather than theory; "they adopted a trial-and-error procedure"
All rights reserved.