WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tribe, folk, social group
- usage: a social division of (usually preliterate) people
- 2. tribe, federation of tribes, nation
- usage: a federation (as of American Indians)
- 3. tribe, taxonomic group, taxonomic category, taxon
- usage: (biology) a taxonomic category between a genus and a subfamily
- 4. kin, kin group, kinship group, kindred, clan, tribe, social group
- usage: group of people related by blood or marriage
All rights reserved.
See also: tribe (Dictionary)