Synonyms of tributary
- 1. feeder, tributary, confluent, affluent, branch
- usage: a branch that flows into the main stream
- 1. tributary, secondary (vs. primary)
- usage: (of a stream) flowing into a larger stream
- 2. tributary, obligated(predicate) (vs. unobligated)
- usage: paying tribute; "a tributary colony"
- 3. conducive, contributing(prenominal), contributive, contributory, tributary, causative (vs. noncausative)
- usage: tending to bring about; being partly responsible for; "working conditions are not conducive to productivity"; "the seaport was a contributing factor in the growth of the city"; "a contributory factor"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tributary (Dictionary)