- 1. dalliance, dawdling, trifling, delay, holdup
- usage: the deliberate act of delaying and playing instead of working
- 1. piddle, wanton, wanton away, piddle away, trifle, spend, expend, drop
- usage: waste time; spend one's time idly or inefficiently
- 2. frivol, trifle, act, behave, do
- usage: act frivolously
- 3. dally, trifle, play, consider, take, deal, look at
- usage: consider not very seriously; "He is trifling with her"; "She plays with the thought of moving to Tasmania"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. negligible, paltry, trifling, worthless (vs. valuable)
- usage: not worth considering; "he considered the prize too paltry for the lives it must cost"; "piffling efforts"; "a trifling matter"
All rights reserved.
See also: trifling (Dictionary)