Synonyms of trim
- 1. trim, trimness, neatness, spruceness
- usage: a state of arrangement or appearance; "in good trim"
- 2. trimming, trim, passementerie, adornment
- usage: a decoration or adornment on a garment; "the trimming on a hat"; "the trim on a shirt"
- 3. trim, attitude
- usage: attitude of an aircraft in flight when allowed to take its own orientation
- 4. trim, trimming, clipping, cut, cutting, cutting off
- usage: cutting down to the desired size or shape
- 1. pare, trim, cut
- usage: remove the edges from and cut down to the desired size; "pare one's fingernails"; "trim the photograph"; "trim lumber"
- 2. trim, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate, as with ornaments; "trim the christmas tree"; "trim a shop window"
- 3. reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: cut down on; make a reduction in; "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
- 4. trim, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: balance in flight by regulating the control surfaces; "trim an airplane"
- 5. trim, be
- usage: be in equilibrium during a flight; "The airplane trimmed"
- 6. trim, garnish, dress, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods
- 7. snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back, thin out
- usage: cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
- 8. shave, trim, cut
- usage: cut closely; "trim my beard"
- 9. trim, adjust, set, correct
- usage: adjust (sails on a ship) so that the wind is optimally used
- 1. spare, trim, thin (vs. fat), lean
- usage: thin and fit; "the spare figure of a marathon runner"; "a body kept trim by exercise"
- 2. shipshape, trim, well-kept, tidy (vs. untidy)
- usage: of places; characterized by order and neatness; free from disorder; "even the barn was shipshape"; "a trim little sailboat"
- 3. clean-cut, trig, trim, tidy (vs. untidy)
- usage: neat and smart in appearance; "a clean-cut and well-bred young man"; "the trig corporal in his jaunty cap"; "a trim beard"
- 4. tailored, trim, plain (vs. fancy)
- usage: severely simple in line or design; "a neat tailored suit"; "tailored curtains"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of trim (Dictionary)