- 1. pruner, trimmer, worker
- usage: a worker who thins out and trims trees and shrubs; "untouched by the pruner's axe"
- 2. trimmer, machine
- usage: a machine that trims timber
- 3. trimmer, trimming capacitor, capacitor, capacitance, condenser, electrical condenser
- usage: capacitor having variable capacitance; used for making fine adjustments
- 4. trimmer, trimmer joist, joist
- usage: joist that receives the end of a header in floor or roof framing in order to leave an opening for a staircase or chimney etc.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spare, trim, thin (vs. fat), lean
- usage: thin and fit; "the spare figure of a marathon runner"; "a body kept trim by exercise"
- 2. shipshape, trim, well-kept, tidy (vs. untidy)
- usage: of places; characterized by order and neatness; free from disorder; "even the barn was shipshape"; "a trim little sailboat"
- 3. clean-cut, trig, trim, tidy (vs. untidy)
- usage: neat and smart in appearance; "a clean-cut and well-bred young man"; "the trig corporal in his jaunty cap"; "a trim beard"
- 4. tailored, trim, plain (vs. fancy)
- usage: severely simple in line or design; "a neat tailored suit"; "tailored curtains"
All rights reserved.
See also: trimmer (Dictionary)