Synonyms of trimming
- 1. trimming, decoration
- usage: the act of adding decoration; "the children had to be in bed before it was time for the trimming of the tree"
- 2. trimming, trim, passementerie, adornment
- usage: a decoration or adornment on a garment; "the trimming on a hat"; "the trim on a shirt"
- 3. trim, trimming, clipping, cut, cutting, cutting off
- usage: cutting down to the desired size or shape
- 1. pare, trim, cut
- usage: remove the edges from and cut down to the desired size; "pare one's fingernails"; "trim the photograph"; "trim lumber"
- 2. trim, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate, as with ornaments; "trim the christmas tree"; "trim a shop window"
- 3. reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: cut down on; make a reduction in; "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
- 4. trim, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: balance in flight by regulating the control surfaces; "trim an airplane"
- 5. trim, be
- usage: be in equilibrium during a flight; "The airplane trimmed"
- 6. trim, garnish, dress, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods
- 7. snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back, thin out
- usage: cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
- 8. shave, trim, cut
- usage: cut closely; "trim my beard"
- 9. trim, adjust, set, correct
- usage: adjust (sails on a ship) so that the wind is optimally used
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of trimming (Dictionary)