Synonyms of trip
- 1. trip, journey, journeying
- usage: a journey for some purpose (usually including the return); "he took a trip to the shopping center"
- 2. trip, hallucination
- usage: a hallucinatory experience induced by drugs; "an acid trip"
- 3. slip, trip, mishap, misadventure, mischance
- usage: an accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall; "he blamed his slip on the ice"; "the jolt caused many slips and a few spills"
- 4. trip, head trip, experience
- usage: an exciting or stimulating experience
- 5. tripper, trip, catch, stop
- usage: a catch mechanism that acts as a switch; "the pressure activates the tripper and releases the water"
- 6. trip, step
- usage: a light or nimble tread; "he heard the trip of women's feet overhead"
- 7. trip, trip-up, stumble, misstep, blunder, blooper, bloomer, bungle, pratfall, foul-up, fuckup, flub, botch, boner, boo-boo
- usage: an unintentional but embarrassing blunder; "he recited the whole poem without a single trip"; "he arranged his robes to avoid a trip-up later"; "confusion caused his unfortunate misstep"
- 1. stumble, trip, move
- usage: miss a step and fall or nearly fall; "She stumbled over the tree root"
- 2. trip, trip up
- usage: cause to stumble; "The questions on the test tripped him up"
- 3. travel, trip, jaunt
- usage: make a trip for pleasure
- 4. trip, actuate, trigger, activate, set off, spark off, spark, trigger off, touch off, initiate, pioneer
- usage: put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
- 5. trip, trip out, turn on, get off
- usage: get high, stoned, or drugged; "He trips every weekend"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of trip (Dictionary)