- 1. triple, three-base hit, three-bagger, base hit, safety
- usage: a base hit at which the batter stops safely at third base
- 2. trio, triad, triplet, triple, set
- usage: a set of three similar things considered as a unit
- 3. triple, multiple
- usage: a quantity that is three times as great as another
- 1. triple, treble, multiply, manifold
- usage: increase threefold; "Triple your income!"
- 2. triple, hit
- usage: hit a three-base hit
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ternary, treble, triple, triplex, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: having three units or components or elements; "a ternary operation"; "a treble row of red beads"; "overcrowding made triple sessions necessary"; "triple time has three beats per measure"; "triplex windows"
- 2. treble, threefold, three-fold, triple, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: three times as great or many; "a claim for treble (or triple) damages"; "a threefold increase"
All rights reserved.
See also: triple (Dictionary)