- 1. victory, triumph, ending, conclusion, finish, success
- usage: a successful ending of a struggle or contest; "a narrow victory"; "the general always gets credit for his army's victory"; "clinched a victory"; "convincing victory"; "the agreement was a triumph for common sense"
- 2. triumph, exultation, jubilance, jubilancy, jubilation
- usage: the exultation of victory
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prevail, triumph, win
- usage: prove superior; "The champion prevailed, though it was a hard fight"
- 2. wallow, rejoice, triumph, exult, walk on air, be on cloud nine, jump for joy
- usage: be ecstatic with joy
- 3. gloat, triumph, crow, boast, tout, swash, shoot a line, brag, gas, blow, bluster, vaunt, gasconade
- usage: dwell on with satisfaction
- 4. exuberate, exult, rejoice, triumph, jubilate, cheer, cheer up, chirk up
- usage: to express great joy; "Who cannot exult in Spring?"
All rights reserved.
See also: triumph (Dictionary)