Synonyms of troll
- 1. troll, mythical monster, mythical creature
- usage: (Scandanavian folklore) a supernatural creature (either a dwarf or a giant) that is supposed to live in caves or in the mountains
- 2. round, troll, partsong
- usage: a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time; "they enjoyed singing rounds"
- 3. troll, fisherman's lure, fish lure
- usage: a fisherman's lure that is used in trolling; "he used a spinner as his troll"
- 4. troll, trolling, angling
- usage: angling by drawing a baited line through the water
- 1. troll, circle, circulate
- usage: circulate, move around
- 2. troll, wheel, roll
- usage: cause to move round and round; "The child trolled her hoop"
- 3. troll, sing
- usage: sing the parts of (a round) in succession
- 4. troll, angle
- usage: angle with a hook and line drawn through the water
- 5. troll, sing
- usage: sing loudly and without inhibition
- 6. troll, praise
- usage: praise or celebrate in song; "All tongues shall troll you"
- 7. troll, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak or recite rapidly or in a rolling voice
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of troll (Dictionary)