WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tropical, tropic, equatorial (vs. polar)
- usage: relating to or situated in or characteristic of the tropics (the region on either side of the equator); "tropical islands"; "tropical fruit"
- 2. tropical
- usage: of or relating to the tropics, or either tropic; "tropical year"
- 3. tropical, figurative (vs. literal), nonliteral
- usage: characterized by or of the nature of a trope or tropes; changed from its literal sense
- 4. tropical, tropic, hot (vs. cold)
- usage: of weather or climate; hot and humid as in the tropics; "tropical weather"
All rights reserved.
See also: tropical (Dictionary)