- 1. trump, trump card, playing card
- usage: a playing card in the suit that has been declared trumps; "the ace of trumps is a sure winner"
- 2. trump, suit
- usage: (card games) the suit that has been declared to rank above all other suits for the duration of the hand; "clubs were declared trumps"; "a trump can take a trick even when a card of a different suit is led"
- 3. cornet, horn, trumpet, trump, brass, brass instrument
- usage: a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. trump, sound, go
- usage: produce a sound as if from a trumpet
- 2. outdo, outflank, trump, best, scoop, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: get the better of; "the goal was to best the competition"
- 3. trump, ruff, move, go
- usage: play a trump
- 4. trump, trump out, announce, denote
- usage: proclaim or announce with or as if with a fanfare
All rights reserved.
See also: trump (Dictionary)