- 1. truncate, substitute, replace, interchange, exchange
- usage: replace a corner by a plane
- 2. truncate, estimate, gauge, approximate, guess, judge
- usage: approximate by ignoring all terms beyond a chosen one; "truncate a series"
- 3. truncate, cut short, shorten
- usage: make shorter as if by cutting off; "truncate a word"; "Erosion has truncated the ridges of the mountains"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. abbreviated, shortened, truncated, short (vs. long)
- usage: cut short in duration; "the abbreviated speech"; "her shortened life was clearly the result of smoking"; "an unsatisfactory truncated conversation"
- 2. truncate, truncated, short (vs. long)
- usage: terminating abruptly by having or as if having an end or point cut off; "a truncate leaf"; "truncated volcanic mountains"; "a truncated pyramid"
All rights reserved.
See also: truncated (Dictionary)