- 1. truss, tie, bind
- usage: tie the wings and legs of a bird before cooking it
- 2. tie down, tie up, bind, truss, restrain, confine, hold
- usage: secure with or as if with ropes; "tie down the prisoners"; "tie up the old newspapers and bring them to the recycling shed"
- 3. truss, hold, support, sustain, hold up
- usage: support structurally; "truss the roofs"; "trussed bridges"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. trussed, tied, bound (vs. unbound)
- usage: bound or secured closely; "the guard was found trussed up with his arms and legs securely tied"; "a trussed chicken"
All rights reserved.
See also: trussed (Dictionary)