Synonyms of trusting
- 1. trust, swear, rely, bank, believe
- usage: have confidence or faith in; "We can trust in God"; "Rely on your friends"; "bank on your good education"; "I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
- 2. trust, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: allow without fear
- 3. believe, trust, expect, anticipate
- usage: be confident about something; "I believe that he will come back from the war"
- 4. hope, trust, desire, wish
- usage: expect and wish; "I trust you will behave better from now on"; "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"
- 5. entrust, intrust, trust, confide, commit, pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give
- usage: confer a trust upon; "The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret"; "I commit my soul to God"
- 6. trust, lend, loan
- usage: extend credit to; "don't trust my ex-wife; I won't pay her debts anymore"
- 1. trustful (vs. distrustful), trusting, confiding, unsuspecting, unsuspicious, credulous
- usage: inclined to believe or confide readily; full of trust; "great brown eye, true and trustful"- Nordhoff & Hall
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of trusting (Dictionary)