Synonyms of tube
- 1. tube, tubing, conduit
- usage: conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical) used to hold and conduct objects or liquids or gases
- 2. tube, vacuum tube, thermionic vacuum tube, thermionic tube, electron tube, thermionic valve, electronic device
- usage: electronic device consisting of a system of electrodes arranged in an evacuated glass or metal envelope
- 3. pipe, tube, cylinder
- usage: a hollow cylindrical shape
- 4. tube, tube-shaped structure, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: (anatomy) any hollow cylindrical body structure
- 5. metro, tube, underground, subway system, subway, railway, railroad, railroad line, railway line, railway system
- usage: an electric railway operating below the surface of the ground (usually in a city); "in Paris the subway system is called the `metro' and in London it is called the `tube' or the `underground'"
- 1. tube, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a tube or insert a tube into
- 2. tube, bring, convey, take
- usage: convey in a tube; "inside Paris, they used to tube mail"
- 3. tube, ride
- usage: ride or float on an inflated tube; "We tubed down the river on a hot summer day"
- 4. tube, envelop, enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose
- usage: place or enclose in a tube
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tube (Dictionary)