WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tumbleweed, weed
- usage: any plant that breaks away from its roots in autumn and is driven by the wind as a light rolling mass
- 2. Russian thistle, Russian tumbleweed, Russian cactus, tumbleweed, Salsola kali tenuifolia, shrub, bush
- usage: prickly bushy Eurasian plant; a troublesome weed in central and western United States
- 3. winged pigweed, tumbleweed, Cycloloma atriplicifolium, shrub, bush
- usage: bushy annual weed of central North America having greenish flowers and winged seeds
- 4. tumbleweed, Amaranthus albus, Amaranthus graecizans, amaranth
- usage: bushy plant of western United States
All rights reserved.
See also: tumbleweed (Dictionary)