Synonyms of tumbling
- 1. acrobatics, tumbling, gymnastics, gymnastic exercise
- usage: the gymnastic moves of an acrobat
- 1. tumble, topple, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: fall down, as if collapsing; "The tower of the World Trade Center tumbled after the plane hit it"
- 2. topple, tumble, tip, push, force
- usage: cause to topple or tumble by pushing
- 3. tumble, roll over
- usage: roll over and over, back and forth
- 4. whirl, tumble, whirl around, move
- usage: fly around; "The clothes tumbled in the dryer"; "rising smoke whirled in the air"
- 5. crumble, crumple, tumble, break down, collapse, change integrity
- usage: fall apart; "the building crumbled after the explosion"; "Negotiations broke down"
- 6. tumble, scramble, jumble, throw together
- usage: throw together in a confused mass; "They tumbled the teams with no apparent pattern"
- 7. catch on, get wise, get onto, tumble, latch on, cotton on, twig, get it, grok, get the picture, comprehend, savvy, dig, grasp, compass, apprehend
- usage: understand, usually after some initial difficulty; "She didn't know what her classmates were plotting but finally caught on"
- 8. tumble, drop
- usage: fall suddenly and sharply; "Prices tumbled after the devaluation of the currency"
- 9. tumble, toss
- usage: put clothes in a tumbling barrel, where they are whirled about in hot air, usually with the purpose of drying; "Wash in warm water and tumble dry"
- 10. tumble, worsen, decline
- usage: suffer a sudden downfall, overthrow, or defeat
- 11. tumble, exercise, work out
- usage: do gymnastics, roll and turn skillfully
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tumbling (Dictionary)