Synonyms of tumid
- 1. bombastic, declamatory, large, orotund, tumid, turgid, rhetorical (vs. unrhetorical)
- usage: ostentatiously lofty in style; "a man given to large talk"; "tumid political prose"
- 2. puffy, intumescent, tumescent, tumid, turgid, unhealthy (vs. healthy)
- usage: abnormally distended especially by fluids or gas; "hungry children with bloated stomachs"; "he had a grossly distended stomach"; "eyes with puffed (or puffy) lids"; "swollen hands"; "tumescent tissue"; "puffy tumid flesh"
- 3. tumid, erect, hard (vs. soft)
- usage: of sexual organs; stiff and rigid
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tumid (Dictionary)