WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tuna, Opuntia tuna, prickly pear, prickly pear cactus
- usage: tropical American prickly pear of Jamaica
- 2. tuna, tuna fish, tunny, saltwater fish
- usage: important warm-water fatty fish of the genus Thunnus of the family Scombridae; usually served as steaks
- 3. tuna, tunny, scombroid, scombroid fish, food fish
- usage: any very large marine food and game fish of the genus Thunnus; related to mackerel; chiefly of warm waters
- 4. tuna, Anguilla sucklandii, eel
- usage: New Zealand eel
All rights reserved.
See also: tuna (Dictionary)