Synonyms of tune
- 1. tune, melody, air, strain, melodic line, line, melodic phrase, music
- usage: a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence; "she was humming an air from Beethoven"
- 2. tune, pitch
- usage: the property of producing accurately a note of a given pitch; "he cannot sing in tune"; "the clarinet was out of tune"
- 3. tune, alteration, modification, adjustment
- usage: the adjustment of a radio receiver or other circuit to a required frequency
- 1. tune, tune up, adjust, set, correct
- usage: adjust for (better) functioning; "tune the engine"
- 2. tune, tune up, adjust, set, correct
- usage: adjust the pitches of (musical instruments); "My piano needs to be tuned"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tune (Dictionary)