Synonyms of turn back
- 1. backtrack, turn back, double back, return
- usage: retrace one's course; "The hikers got into a storm and had to turn back"
- 2. revert, return, retrovert, regress, turn back, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules"
- 3. chase away, drive out, turn back, drive away, dispel, drive off, run off, move, displace
- usage: force to go away; used both with concrete and metaphoric meanings; "Drive away potential burglars"; "drive away bad thoughts"; "dispel doubts"; "The supermarket had to turn back many disappointed customers"
- 4. check, turn back, arrest, stop, contain, hold back, defend
- usage: hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"
- 5. turn back, invert, reverse, change, alter, modify
- usage: turn inside out or upside down
All rights reserved.